A group calling itself Collation of Concern Youth Associations of The North have expressed misgivings over the dismissal of Dr Alhassan Sulemana Anamzooya as CEO of Northern Development Authority (NDA).
The group says Dr Anamzooya since his appointment in 2019 was hardworking and has brought a lot of reforms to the NDA.
According to the group, a lot of stakeholders have been reached out to since his assumption and are therefore surprised to the news of his dismissal.
However, the group have accused the NDA board led by Dr Hakeem Weimah.
It alleged, the board charman and his deputies masterminded Dr Anamzooya’s dismissal because he did head to their “unlawful” schemes.
Read copy of full statement below
PRESS RELEASE BY COLLATION OF CONCERN YOUTH ASSOCIATIONS OF THE NORTH (CCYA) ON THE DISMISSAL OF DR. ALHASSAN SULEMANA ANAMZOYA AS THE CEO OF NOTHERN DEVELPOMENT AUTHORITY (NDA)
7TH APRIL, 2021.
Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the media. We the coalition of concern youth association of the north leaned with shock the purported dismissal of Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya as the CEO of NDA. We the coalition of youth groups are very much aware of the happenings in NDA since the appointment of Dr. Anamzoya in December, 2019. He is a hard-working person and has brought a lot of reforms in NDA and has also reached out to all stakeholders since his assumption of office.
We are therefore surprised to hear of his dismissal this week. We are also reliably informed the outgone board and his deputies are the masterminds behind his dismissal due to his resistance to their unlawful demands. We therefore wish to bring the attention of Ghanaians to the following issues;
• The board intend to hold an illegal meeting in Tamale which is contrary to the directives of the president, what we know is that all boards have been dissolved so on what bases are they holding themselves as board members?
• We know they have held an illegal meeting in Accra and they are here to hold another meeting just to allocate fat per diems and allowances to themselves. We the youth will continue to monitor their activities and resist any attempt to hold such an illegality.
• We also know the board chair Dr. Hakeem Waimah is engaged in so many deals including pushing NDA to sign a Three (3) million Ghana Cedis contract with his personal company – Tamale Implement Factory (TIF) and we will resist such attempt to steal the resources of the north for his benefit and that of his family.
• The board has failed the people of the north. The have supervised NDA for almost four (4) years now and they failed to bring any meaningful development to the north.
• They failed to recover the millions owed by AGambiri and the AGAMs companies and some of the board members were even compromised and they sabotaged the CEO in his effort to retrieve those stolen monies.
• All that they do is to peruse their personal interest. All the board members are engaged in grabbing the assets of NDA and they sold items like tricycles, motorbikes, containers, hydrophone machines and other assets to themselves at ridiculous prices denying the north the needed development.
• The board failed to reconcile the executive management and stop the infighting between the then CEO Dr. Majeed and his deputies. This and other reasons led to the sacking of Dr. Majeed. This behaviour of the board continued in the regime of Dr. Anamzoya.
• The board failed to control the deputy CEO’s allowing some of them to use the resources of NDA to campaign in their parliamentary primaries and ultimately the constituency elections.
• Some of the deputy CEOs are still owning NDA huge sums of money from the sale of tricycles and other assets which we will share in our next media engagements.
• The board never made a single policy throughout their four (4) years in office. NDA does not have a strategic plan aside the personal strategies of Dr. Anamzoya.
. The board members have succeeded in sacking Dr. Haroun and now Dr Anamzoya because of their ill engagement since time in memorial, we believe they are playing smart on some group of section.
• They also failed woefully to audit the 2018 and 2019 accounts of NDA and they did not see anything wrong with presiding over an organization that has two (2) years outstanding unaudited accounts.
• We know the so-called acting CEO Boniface Gambila has been part of the board all these years and failed to bring any meaningful changes to NDA, so what else or what new ideas is he bringing onboard apart from continuing with his create, loot and share attitude.
• Boniface has been engaged in the business of selling tricycles, motor bikes and empty containers for a long time and we know some of his business partners.
He has been engaged in so many deals at NDA and very soon we will expose him.
• Boniface and his partners have engaged in organising fake training for management and staff of NDA and charging the institutions huge sums of money for that. How can a board member be involved in such conflict of interest?
• We know what the CEO Dr. Alhassan Sulemena Anamzoya has done since he joined NDA in December, 2019.
• He successfully implemented the IPEP projects and supported women and youth groups in the north. He brought so many changes and reforms in NDA leading to rebranding of NDA and making the north more attractive to investors.
We are therefore appealing to the president His Excellency Nana Akufo – Addo to recall Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya back to continue his good works.
We also appeal to him to immediately call the illegal board to order and reconstitute a new board and management team to realised his vision for the development of the north and the creation of the development authorities.
JUSTICE FOR DR ANAMZOOYA IS JUSTICE FOR NDA AND JUSTICE FOR THE NORTH
ABDUL BASIT ADAM