The governing New Patriotic Party has set from Saturday, 21st to Friday, 27th August, 2021 for its Constituency Delegates Conference across 275 constituencies in the country.
The conference is to elect new executives to steer the affairs to the party at the constituency level.
General Secretary of the NPP, John Boadu in a statement said the election is in accordance with article 7 (27) of the party’s constitution.
He also spelt our guidelines for the conference and urged members of strictly adhere to the COVID-19 protocols.
Read Copy of Statement Below;
August 10, 2021
NPP TO HOLD 2021 CONSTITUENCY ANNUAL DELEGATES CONFERENCE
The NPP will. from Saturday, August 21. 2021, to Friday to August 27, 2021, hold Constituency Annual Delegates Conferences in all the 275 Constituencies of the Country in accordance with reference to Article 7(27) of the Party Constitution.
However, in view of the times we are in, the Party has directed all Party Executives, Members and for that matter Delegates to these Conferences to ensure that the Conferences are held in strict compliance with the following guidelines.
- Delegates/Attendees to each Constituency Conference shall not exceed 250 people. In other words, the Conferences shall be held in groups of 250 on the average, at the same or different venues within the constituency depending on its peculiarities.
- Each Conference shall be held in an open and airy environment
- There shall be strict adherence to social distancing protocols
- Delegates/Attendees to the Conferences shall at all times wear a face mask.
- There shall be regular washing of hands and hand-sanitizing
- The Conferences shall be held within 2 hours in line with the President’s recent directives.
The Party is assuring its members and the general public that it is taking all the necessary steps to ensure strict adherence to these guidelines in the conduct of the Constituency Conferences across the country.